Higher Education FAQs – Video Resources

Higher education employers have a unique set of needs when hiring noncitizen faculty and staff, and accordingly, federal law designates immigration pathways specific to colleges and universities. In this video series, learn more about immigration solutions for higher education employers, including cap-exempt H-1B petitions, Special Handling PERM processing, and the EB-1B green card. Still have questions? We offer complimentary consultations for HR leaders, in-house counsel and higher education leaders.

  • Higher Ed FAQs: Special Handling Documentation (Video)
    What documentation does a university need to hold on to during the special handling process? What kind of evidence do they have to have? What might the government request during this special handling filing? Get the answers to all of these questions and more in this short video by FordMurray founding partner Russell Ford.
  • Higher Ed FAQs: What is the 18 Month Window for Special Handling?
    What is the 18-month window for special handling, and how does it impact prevailing wage determination and labor certification? Attorney Russell Ford explains how to navigate the 18-month special handling window in the short video.
  • Higher Ed FAQs: Should I Sponsor a Green Card through EB-1B or Special Handling?
    Higher education employers have two unique avenues for green card sponsorship of university or college faculty – the EB-1B (extraordinary ability) petition, and special handling PERM processing. Which is the best option? How should HR leaders and in-house counsel decide? Learn more in this short video by Attorney Russell Ford.
  • Higher Ed FAQs: Who Qualifies for Special Handling Processing (Video)
    Colleges and universities can use PERM Special Handling to sponsor noncitizen teaching faculty. Learn what makes Special Handling different, and what you need to know to start the Special Handling process in this short video by Attorney Russell Ford.