Deciding to become a U.S. citizen is one of the most important decisions in an individual’s life. If you decide to apply to become a U.S. citizen, you will be showing your commitment to the United States and your loyalty to its Constitution. In return, you are rewarded with all the rights and privileges that are part of U.S. citizenship.
How to Become a U.S. Citizen
If you meet certain requirements, you may become a U.S. citizen either at birth or after birth.
To become a citizen at birth, you must:
- Have been born in the United States or certain territories of the United States; or
- Have a parent or parents who were citizens at the time of your birth (if you were born abroad) and meet other requirements.
To become a citizen after birth, you must:
- Apply for “derived” or “acquired” citizenship through parents; or
- Apply for naturalization.
Flat Fee Naturalization Services
We are happy to offer flat fee billing for standard Naturalization petitions. With our convenient flat fee system, you will know the total costs at the beginning of the process and will never be surprised with hidden or unanticipated costs, so you can budget accordingly. For your convenience, we accept most major credit cards.
How We Can Help
The application and interview process for U.S. citizenship can be complicated and time consuming. Our immigration law firm can help you navigate the very complex requirements and procedural rules of the application process. Our attorneys will help you with every aspect of your case, including:
- Helping you understand the exact requirements and timelines involved
- Documentation of residency
- Documentation of good moral character during the five-year period prior to application (three years if married to a U.S. citizen)
- Documentation of relationship, if applying for naturalization based on a green card obtained through marriage
- Preparation for naturalization interview
Immigration law can be complicated and confusing, and it is important now, more than ever, that petitions for naturalization are submitted thoroughly and on time, and that applicants are prepared for anything that might come up during the application process. An experienced immigration attorney can give you the best chance at a successful petition for naturalization, and it is our greatest joy to see you achieve your American dream.
In addition to naturalization applications, Our firm assists clients with the derivative (acquired) citizenship, and renunciation of U.S. Citizenship.
Contact us today for a complimentary consultation about your case.