Immigration Solutions for Families, Spouses and Individuals

**UPDATE: USCIS has been waiving interview requirements for family-based immigration cases including marriage-based green cards based on strong, well-prepared petitions, compelling evidence of relationship, and no underlying issues.**

U.S. immigration law carves out specific pathways for foreign-born individuals to pursue immigrant and nonimmigrant visas to work and live in the United States. FordMurray Senior Counsel Aga Asbury focuses her practice on helping families, spouses and investors navigate the immigration landscape.

A young couple with two children sit in a park.


Marriage-Based Immigration and K-1 Visas

The K-1 visa is designed to allow your fiancé(e) to travel to the United States before you get married. You must get married within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s arrival to the United States. For most petitions, it is required that you have met your fiancé(e) in person in the last two years, with cultural and religious exemptions.

For couples who are already married, or who do not require 90 days in the United States before getting married, moving directly to spousal sponsorship can save time and money. For a complimentary consultation about your case, contact Senior Counsel Aga Asbury or request a consultation here.

Family Sponsorship

U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) can sponsor certain family members to obtain their green cards and move to the U.S. permanently using the Form I-130. U.S. Citizens can petition for spouses, children, parents and siblings. Green Card holders may only sponsor spouses and unmarried children.

E-2 Investor Visas

An E-2 visa is for individuals who are seeking to make a significant investment in the United States. Employees of E visa holders may also be eligible to come to the United States. To obtain either visa, an individual must be a member of a recognized treaty country, though it is important to note that the treaty countries that qualify for one visa do not necessarily qualify for the other. The length of an E visa depends on the type of business and the investment made, and there is generally no limit on how many times an E visa can be renewed. The E-2 visa is a flexible visa that can applied to many different business models – from purchasing an existing business or franchise to opening a restaurant to starting a consulting practice. We offer complimentary consultations on E-2 visa cases, contact us today for more information.


The application and interview process for U.S. citizenship can be complicated and time consuming. We help you navigate the very complex requirements and procedural rules of the application process and prepare for your naturalization interview.

Our Services

Immigration proceedings can be complicated and confusing. Many times, well-meaning individuals will start an immigration process, only to realize at the most critical time that they need the help of an attorney. Your best chance at a positive outcome is to work with a reliable and experienced attorney – contact us today for a free consultation.