FordMurray has recently updated their comprehensive Immigration Guide for Institutions of Higher Education for 2023. This guide can help assist higher education institutions in navigating the process of hiring foreign faculty and staff.
This updated 56-page Guide, a companion resource to our SEVP Certification and Compliance Guide, presents a holistic overview of visa and green card options for colleges and universities. The Guide was produced for general counsel, human resource leaders, and foreign student officers, and includes information on:
- Immigration basics;
- Employment Visas for Faculty and Staff, including detailed information on the petition process for H-1B visas, J-1 visas, O-1 visas and more;
- Employment Visas for Students;
- “Green Card” Options for Professors, Researchers and Staff, including EB-1A, EB-1B for Extraordinary Researchers and Professors, EB-2, NIW and EB-3;
- PERM Process – a detailed overview of sponsoring an employee for permanent residence; and
- Completing the Green Card Process.
Download your 2023 Guide using the form below, or for more information, visit our Higher Education Employer’s Guide page.