CLIENT ALERT: Employment Authorization Settlement

On November 10, 2021, the Department of Homeland Security reached a settlement agreement that impacts employment authorization for individuals in H-4 or L-2 status.  H-4 BENEFICIARIES: Employment Authorization and Those in H-4 Status The settlement agreement applies to an H-4 dependent spouse who: Properly filed an EAD renewal application before expiration of their current EAD;… [Read More]

Profiles in Immigration – Wahoo Fitness Supports Global Mobility with Business Immigration Planning

Wahoo Fitness is a fitness technology company based in Atlanta, Georgia, specializing in building the better athlete in all of us through the Eco system of indoor bike trainers, GPS bike computers, training app, cycling sensors & heart rate monitors designed to optimize training. FordMurray has worked with Wahoo Fitness since 2015, and has helped… [Read More]

Profiles in Immigration – Robert Morris University

Robert Morris University is a nationally ranked, doctoral-granting university located in Pittsburgh, PA. RMU was ranked in the US News and World Report Best Colleges in the United States, was ranked among the “Best in the Northeast” by the Princeton Review 2021 Best Colleges. FordMurray founding partner Russell Ford has worked as immigration counsel for RMU for more… [Read More]

FordMurray is on the Move

As of August 1st, we will move to new offices located at: 48 Free Street, Suite 300 Portland, ME 04101 FordMurray’s new offices will more than double its current footprint, featuring a conference room for in-person consultations and providing offices for each of the firm’s five attorneys and four legal analysts, with room to continue… [Read More]

I-9 Bootcamp: How to Complete Form I-9 for OPT/CPT (Video)

In our I-9 Bootcamp Series, FordMurray Founding Partner Russell Ford examines how to complete Form I-9 in complex hiring scenarios. A reminder – employers should never ask for specific forms while verifying employment eligibility, but in this video, employers will see the forms most likely used by noncitizens on F-1 status, hired for Occupational Practical… [Read More]

Higher Ed FAQs: Should I Sponsor a Green Card through EB-1B or Special Handling?

Higher education employers have two unique avenues for green card sponsorship of university or college faculty – the EB-1B (extraordinary ability) petition, and special handling PERM processing. Which is the best option? How should HR leaders and in-house counsel decide? Learn more in this short video by Attorney Russell Ford.