FordMurray released a new guide to assist higher education institutions navigate the process of hiring foreign faculty and staff.
The 25-page Guide, a companion resource to our SEVP Certification and Compliance Guide, presents a holistic overview of visa and green card options for colleges and universities. The Guide was produced for general counsel, human resource leaders, and foreign student officers, and includes information on:
- Immigration basics;
- Employment Visas for Faculty and Staff, including detailed information on the petition process for H-1B visas, J-1 visas, O-1 visas and more;
- Employment Visas for Students;
- “Green Card” Options for Professors, Researchers and Staff, including EB-1A, EB-1B for Extraordinary Researchers and Professors, EB-2, NIW and EB-3;
- PERM Process – a detailed overview of sponsoring an employee for permanent residence; and
- Completing the Green Card Process
Download your 2019 Guide using the form below, or for more information, visit our Higher Education Employer’s Guide page.